|Type of support||Universal (neutral)|
|Inclination of the sole||mm|
|Sole thickness (heel)||mm|
|Sole thickness (forefoot)||mm|
|Weight (men’s model)||g|
|Weight (female model)||g|
|Good comfort||Heavy weight|
|Improved upper that is looser and more ventilated||Cushioning that lacks dynamism according to some runners|
|nice design||Lack of stability|
The Nike Air Zoom Winflo 7 is an affordable pronator shoe that offers good comfort. This new version features a sole with more foam for even more generous cushioning. Nike intends to make the Winflo better suited to long distances. It comfortably absorbs shock throughout the run, although many runners complain of a lack of responsiveness from the cushioning. In terms of stability, the shoe slightly guides the athlete’s foot but without being too restrictive. Thus, there is no dense unit to wedge the foot as is often the case with shoes for pronators. The level of correction is therefore light, which is no worse in the absence of scientific proof demonstrating the effectiveness of this type of shoe in preventing injuries. Apart from cushioning, the main changes are at the level of the upper: there is a new lighter and more breathable mesh for more comfort. In addition, the forefoot or “toe box” is wider for a pleasant support. It’s a nice improvement considering the Winflo 6 was a bit cramped. In summary, the Nike Zoom Winflo 7 is a very good, comfortable and not too expensive pronator shoe.
- To begin with, there is rubber on the outsole of the Nike Air Zoom Winflo 7. This is particularly robust to abrasion and provides effective grip on the asphalt even when it rains.
- In addition, the pistons located under the forefoot are intended to promote more dynamic support, especially when the foot pushes the ground to propel the body during the race.
- The midsole displays Cushlon cushioning technology . This is a full-length cushioning material that results in a mix of foam and rubber. Its objective is to disperse the shocks at the moment of impact during the race for greater comfort. In addition, this platform has the merit of ensuring optimal responsiveness to energize the race.
- On the other hand, there is the Zoom Air technology which takes the form of compressed air bubbles which allow to increase cushioning and shock absorption without compromising flexibility or comfort.
- Finally, the insole conforms to the shape of the foot and completes the padding of the shoe.
Upper part (upper)
- The upper of the Nike Air Zoom Winflo 7 features a breathable mesh fabric and synthetic leather . Its purpose is to maintain the foot effectively during training for ideal comfort. In addition, it is naturally breathable to let the foot breathe and thus prevent excessive sweating during exercise when you pick up the pace.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How do the Nike Air Zoom Winflo 7 shoes fit?
This road shoe uses a regular sizing system. Thus, it must be faithful to the advertised size. You can therefore opt for your usual size for running shoes. However, if this is your first Nike model, a visit to the store is advisable to choose the most optimal size.
Is this model suitable for pronator runners?
This shoe aims to stabilize the stride and thus prevent foot pronation during the race. Thus, this shoe has been developed especially for pronator runners who wish to correct their stride. However, it should be noted that for the moment there are no scientific studies establishing the superiority of stability shoes compared to universal shoes in reducing the risk of injury (and this regardless of the type of stride of the runner). We therefore recommend opting for comfortable shoes above all.
Is this road shoe suitable for heavy athletes (85 kg or more)?
Only one study to date has investigated the link between sole thickness, weight and risk of injury. According to the findings of this study, minimalist shoes may increase the risk of injury for runners weighing more than 71 kg. Other than that, there are no tips for other types of running shoes. The Air Zoom Winflo 7 has a medium-thick sole, so it should be suitable for most athletes regardless of weight.
Can you run a half marathon or a marathon with these shoes?
This Nike road shoe is suitable for different types of distances and training. You can therefore put it on during your daily training, whether you are working on distance or speed. As for the marathon or half-marathon, there is no special recommendation. If you can rack up long rides comfortably with these shoes then they should be a solid choice on your race day!
Leave a Reply