|Type of support|
|Inclination of the sole||0mm|
|Sole thickness (heel)||33mm|
|Sole thickness (forefoot)||33mm|
|Weight (men’s model)||315g|
|Weight (female model)||280g|
|Great comfort||Shoe a bit heavy|
|Cushioning that is both maximalist and dynamic (for those who love)||High price|
Asics is riding the wave of maximalism with this brand new model designed in its Boston and Kobe studios: ASICS MetaRide. Indeed, this shoe looks like a response to the success of the Hoka One One shoes and more recently the Nike Vaporfly 4% Flyknit . Thus, the sole of the MetaRide is disproportionate with 33 mm under the heel. There is no inclination of the sole, so it is a zero drop model. On the other hand, the shape of the sole is curved to inject a natural rocking movement into the shoe and thus maximize propulsion and the return of energy with each stride. The result is very convincing with really pleasant racing sensations. The price is high but the innovative design as well as the high quality of the materials and their design justifies it. Where the ASICS MetaRide disappoints, however, is in terms of weight: the 313 grams for the men’s version (280 grams for the women’s model) are really surprising for a model that wants to be at the cutting edge of technology. For comparison, the Nike Vaporfly weighs less than 200 grams! In summary, a successful avant-garde model but which we hope will be lighter in the future.
- The outsole of the Asics MetaRide, Grip Sole , is tough for good durability. It is also adherent, including in rainy weather, to prevent accidental slips.
- At the midsole level, we find the Flytefoam Propel technology . It is a light and resistant foam made from ecological materials. It provides comfortable cushioning by absorbing shock while running.
- On the other hand, the new Disc GEL gel technology completes the cushioning of the shoe. The faithful of the Japanese brand know how important the gel is in its models of running shoes. It is therefore an important development for Asics.
- Then, the 3D Guidance Line aims to encourage the runner to adopt a natural and efficient stride.
- Finally, the new Meta-Rocker technology , which gives the sole its rocker shape, aims to maximize the shoe’s energy return for a more comfortable ride. Note that the configuration of the Asics MetaRide is zero drop , so without inclination of the sole between the heel and the front of the foot.
Upper part (upper)
- Circular knit Performance Knit technical mesh wraps the foot comfortably for a flexible yet secure fit. It is also breathable to keep the foot dry and cool during exercise.
- In addition, the MetaClutch counter in the heel area keeps the foot in place in a pleasant way.