|Type of support||Universal (neutral)|
|Inclination of the sole||12mm|
|Sole thickness (heel)||20mm|
|Sole thickness (forefoot)||8mm|
|Weight (men’s model)||283g|
|Weight (female model)||227g|
|Great comfort||Doubts about the durability of the outsole|
|Effective yet moderate cushioning|
|Soft and breathable upper|
|Room for the toes|
The Asics DynaFlyte 4 is a road shoe that occupies a special place in the range of the Japanese brand. Indeed, compared to more classic models such as the Nimbus and the Cumulus, it is intended as a lighter shoe with a less bulky configuration. It thus displays a reasonable weight with 283 grams for men and 227 grams for women. The sole is relatively thin with a thickness of 20 mm under the heel (the drop is 8 mm). It is therefore ideal for speed training while being versatile enough to be adapted to a more normal pace over long distances. In addition, Flytefoam foam and Gel pads provide good shock absorption and responsive cushioning. At the level of the upper, there is a breathable mesh that wraps the foot with flexibility. The DynaFlyte will be particularly suitable for runners who like to have room for their toes. However, only slight black point, note that a few runners complained of a lack of outsole durability. In summary, the Asics DynaFlyte 4 continues to establish itself as a comfortable model with stripped cushioning perfect for speed.
- The outsole of the Asics DynaFlyte 4 uses the famous ultra-resistant rubber of the Japanese brand: Asics High Abrasion Rubber (AHAR) . It is a carbon rubber that protects the heel against abrasion on urban surfaces.
- In addition, there are horizontal flex grooves to improve the flexibility of the shoe and thus allow it to follow the movements of the foot.
- Flytefoam Lyte foam equips the midsole of the shoe. Lightweight and durable, it provides comfortable and responsive cushioning for optimal running sensations. In addition, it is made from environmentally friendly materials to reduce the ecological footprint of the shoe.
- In addition, there is Rearfoot Gel technology in the heel. This silicone-based cushioning absorbs shock when the foot comes into contact with the ground for a more comfortable run.
- On the other hand, the Impact Guidance System (IGS) design and the Guidance Line flex groove should help the runner adopt a more natural and fluid stride. Although the effectiveness of this configuration is not scientifically proven, many runners trust it and swear by Asics when it comes to choosing a new pair of running shoes.
- Finally, there is the antibacterial ComforDry Sockliner insole which should prevent bad odors and moisture in the shoe while adding light cushioning.
Upper part (upper)
- The upper of the Asics DynaFlyte 4 uses Adept Mesh . It is a stretchy, seamless technical mesh that wraps the foot comfortably like a sock. The support is well adjusted but flexible for greater freedom of movement.
- Finally, the Discrete Eyelets should allow the pressure of the laces to be dispersed evenly all around the foot. The purpose of this configuration is to avoid embarrassing or even painful pressure points without reducing the effectiveness of the support of the rod.