|Type of support||Pronator (stability)|
|Inclination of the sole||10mm|
|Sole thickness (heel)||mm|
|Sole thickness (forefoot)||mm|
|Weight (men’s model)||289g|
|Weight (female model)||235g|
- To begin with, there is rubber at the outsole of the Asics Gel Contend 6 shoe. It has a high resistance to wear. This configuration ensures impeccable grip on the asphalt even when the weather is bad to avoid accidental slips.
- The midsole features Amplifoam cushioning technology . It results in a flexible and soft cushioning material with low density. Thus, it is not easily deformed. This technology promises a flexible and adaptable midsole. Its purpose is to provide maximum impact absorption throughout the race for greater comfort. In addition, this configuration promises optimal responsiveness for more dynamic running sensations.
- On the other hand, there is the Rearfoot GEL technology . It results in a piece of cushioning which consists of a silicone-based gel positioned under the heel. It is supposed to offer effective shock dispersion.
- Finally, the Ortholite insole that hugs the anatomy of the foot and completes the cushioning of the shoe. It improves the breathing of the foot in the shoe by controlling humidity.
Upper part (upper)
- The upper of the Asics Gel Contend 6 results in a technical mesh . The purpose of this is to wedge the foot effectively during the race for optimal comfort. In addition, perforations dot the mesh to let the foot breathe and thus prevent it from sweating excessively during exercise.
- In addition, stitched reinforcements improve the support of the foot as well as the structure of the upper for greater durability.
- On the other hand, the internal heel counter comfortably wedges the heel for a more pleasant and effective support while running.
- Finally, the soft collar is comfortable in contact with the skin for ideal foot support.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How do the Asics Gel Contend 6 fit?
This road shoe uses a standard sizing system. Thus, it must correspond to the announced size. You can therefore choose your usual size for running sneakers. However, if this is your first Asics model, a visit to the store is recommended to choose the optimal size.
Is Gel Contend 6 suitable for pronators?
This shoe aims to stabilize the stride and thus prevent pronation or supination of the foot during running. Thus, this shoe has therefore been developed especially for pronator and supinator runners who wish to stabilize their stride. However, it should be noted that for the moment there is no scientific evidence proving the advantages of this type of shoe compared to universal shoes in reducing the risk of injury (and this regardless of the type of stride of the runner). We therefore recommend opting for comfortable shoes above all.
Is this road model suitable for heavy riders (85 kg or more)?
To our knowledge, only one study to date has looked at the link between weight, risk of injury and sole thickness. According to the results of this study, minimalist footwear may increase the risk of injury for athletes weighing more than 71 kg. Other than that, there are no recommendations for other types of running shoes. The Gel Contend 6 offers a mid-thickness sole, so it should suit most runners regardless of weight.
Are these shoes suitable for running a half marathon or a marathon?
This Asics road shoe is versatile enough to adapt to different types of distances and training. You can therefore wear it during your daily sessions, whether they focus on distance or speed. As for the marathon, there are no instructions. If you manage to chain long training sessions comfortably with these shoes then they should be able to accompany you without problem for your competition. However, it should be noted that these are entry-level shoes and may prove to be less durable and less comfortable than more traditional shoes.